After school programs are intended to increase opportunities for physical activity for children and youth outside of regularly scheduled physical education classes and ongoing sport programs. They are generally run between 3:00PM and 6:00PM on weekdays, however, applications that include training opportunities (i.e. Steve Nash) and require weekend hours will be considered. Programs lasting at least 6 weeks will be given preference.
To assist community organizations in implementing successful programs that provide opportunity and encourage physical activity, the NUMOVES AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM Grant has been created. Applications are now being accepted, and can be submitted by community organizations, Hamlets/Municipalities and sport organizations. Maximum grants of $3,500 are available, however, all grants will be reviewed and selected as per the criteria listed below:
• Open to community organizations, Hamlets/Municipalities and Territorial/Community sport organizations in Nunavut
• Program must be free for participants
• Must be focused on providing physical activity programs
• Programs must be hosted for a minimum of six weeks.
• The program must occur between September 2015 – March 15th, 2016; and
• The organization must submit a final written report by March 21st, 2016 (a template will be provided)
Applications for equipment must include quotes.
To review the NUMoves After School grant program click here.
For the complete application click here.
Deadline to submit applications is November 15th, 2015.